Havana, the capital city of Cuba, is a beautiful place to visit with a wide range of interesting, fun and exciting activities and experiences to enjoy! Notable residents have included Andy García (director and actor), Maria Teresa (Grand Duchess of Luxembourg) and Celia Cruz (singer to name but a few, each of whom have enjoyed the tropical climate and colourful nature of this wonderful city. With that in mind, we’ve compiled a list of 5 things that you absolutely must do whilst in Havana!
- Take a stroll through Old Havana – this 500 year old part of the city is a UNESCO World Heritage Site thanks to its stunning architecture, ancient streets and historic fortifications.
- Drink and dine the night away at La Bodeguita del Medio – the favourite watering hole of Ernest Hemingway, this trendy cuban bar and restaurant serves up top-notch grub and tastebud-tingling cocktails with a live cuban soundtrack to match!
- Take a tour – Cuba is famous for its cigars and many of the cigar factories allow tourists to embark on a guided tour around the factory; whether you agree with smoking or not, watching the skilled craftsmen and women work their magic whilst you inhale the smell of fresh tobacco is an impressive process many of you can enjoy.
- Hire a classic car – whenever you see a picture of Cuba it’s likely to feature a 50’s American car. Not only are the roads teaming with these vintage beauties, they’re even available to hire, leaving you free to explore more of this stunning city – great retro photo opportunities, too!
- Enjoy a glass of ice cold Guarapo Frio – this delicious drink is actually freshly squeezed sugarcane juice dripped over ice. Cheap and readily available, this refreshing beverage is sure to keep you going in the warm Cuban sun – total bliss!
But that’s not all, this beautiful city has a whole lot more to offer, so why not go and explore it for yourself! Whilst you’re there your friends and family can call you cheaply and keep up-to-date with your adventures through Cherry Call; simply give them the international dialling code of 0053 and point them in the direction of our website!